Effective Date: August 23, 2018
Information We Collect on Behalf of Third Parties. Cookies And Tracking Technologies: Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by our partners, affiliates, analytics or service providers. These technologies may be used in analyzing trends, administering the Sites, tracking your movements around the Sites and to gather demographic information about our userbase as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by such companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- How We Use Your Information. (a) We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Sites and to respond to your questions and concerns. The legal basis is art. 6(1)(f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). (b) If you have given your consent, we use the information that we collect to send you marketing communications in our newsletter. The legal basis art. 6(1)(a) of GDPR.
- Storage and Processing. Your information collected through the Green Hippo Café website may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which Green Hippo Café or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. Green Hippo Café may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or European Econonmic Area, please note that we will not transfer information, including personal data, to a country outside of the European Union or European Economic Area.
- How We Protect Your Information. Green Hippo Café is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Green Hippo Café or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Privacy Shield. Green Hippo Café self-certifies compliance with EU-US Privacy Shieldat the U.S. Department of Commerce. Green Hippo Café complies with the EU GDPR framework as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. Green Hippo Café has certified that it adheres to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement.
- Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Green Hippo Café will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
- Our Retention Of Your Information. If you are a visitor to the Green Hippo Café website we will retain your information for as long as necessary but no longer than one (1) year after your last visit to our Sites.
- Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Green Hippo Café does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.